Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Simple Project

Today I am posting a very simple and quick little project, because most of my time was spent on a big project.........mowing, raking, and clipping bushes in the backyard. It was badly needed, so I spent half the day out there and considered this my workout for the day. Monday nights I have Bible study, so I had to wrap things up a little early. I did however finally hang the wreaths on my doors.

Here's the front.
and here's the back.

Last of all this is the quick and easy little project that I promised you. This is the small jar candle that I told you I purchased from Wal-Mart. Very fragrant, I am still amazed that such a wonderful smell comes from a Wal-Mart candle. I wanted to pretty it up just a little. I measured a strip of scrapbook paper. Wrapped it around the jar, hot glued it. Added a strip of ribbon and glued the little resin pumpkin right in the center. A simple companion for my "Give Thanks" sign. These little goodies will be on their way by Friday. Now I am off to my first project of the day today....a little hair color. Have a blessed day! Jackie

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a great idea, it is simple, but looks so pretty! Your wreaths look very nice. I bet you feel good having all that yardwork done too!

April said...

I always love your ideas!! So easy to do...even I might be able to pull this one off! :) Have a glorious day!!

Stacey said...

Jackie, your wreaths are gorgeous. I love the little candle idea. Think I might make a few of those for some girlfriends. Thanks for the sweet ideas.

Neabear said...

That is an adorable idea. A very cute gift idea. I could do that for my secret sister at church. Hmm....Maybe for a Thanksgiving gift....hmmm...now you got me thinking. Have wonderful day!

Scrapper Mom said...

I really like that candle idea...and coming from a scrapbooker, I'm sure I can find some scrap paper that will work just fine!! Thanks for sharing.

CMB said...

Great idea for the candle...I love those wal-mart candles too!

Unknown said...

Jackie, your wreaths are so beautiful! I like wreaths that are lush filled to the brim with accents, foliage, ribbons etc.
I've been busy working night and day. Soon I'll be heading out to the Seattle Cash & Carry (vendors)show.
My Parisian Give Away (valued at $200+) is now posted. This truly has your name written all over it!! You won't believe your eyes! It is my way of showing my heartfelt appreciation for all the support I was given in the infancy of my blog. My Lil' Boutique's Grand Opening is now official too. I'm slowly filling it with my favorite designs and treasures. I'm truly enjoying this blog journey, especially the new friends I'm getting to know through our visits. Thanks for sharing your precious time with me.
*SWEET WISHES*!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Your wreaths look beautiful on both doors. Love the candle from Wal-Mart. What scent is it?

Gretchen
birdnestcottage.typepad.com