Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Necessary Ingredient


When the clock says 11:29 and you are still cooking!
Well,
not actually cooking,
but putting a few things together to cook tomorrow.

 Do you remember I told you at the beginning of the year, I committed to have a group of ladies regularly for some food, fun and fellowship? Well, I did the unthinkable, the thing I said I would not do, absolutely no way, even marked it on my calendar to remind me, and I did it anyway! I said I would not agree to sub the day of , or the day before our ladies fellowship, and I did! plus I have subbed Monday and Tuesday both! Tonight and tomorrow is crunch time. I love preparing for these get togethers, I have just left myself no margin this time.

However I do want to share this absolutely wonderful recipe that I am making. We are having breakfast. Not just any breakfast. There is a BREAKFAST CASSEROLE in the fridge, and a FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE in the fridge. Ready to pop in the oven tomorrow evening. We are also bringing muffins to swap.

*Just a note, this is not to be used while counting calories!

FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE

8 Eggs                                        1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups 1/2 & 1/2                       1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk                                 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
2 Tbs Sugar                                Dash Salt
Loaf of French Bread 13-16 oz

Grease 9x13 casserole. Slice bread into 20 1 inch slices
Make 2 rows in casserole dish. Pour above mixture over bread (be sure to pour some in between slices)
Refrigerate overnight.

PRALINE TOPPING
1 Cup Butter                        1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Cup chopped Pecans        2 Tbs light corn syrup
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon               1/4 Tsp Nutmeg

Mix well spread over bread before baking.
Bake 350 degrees, 40 minutes or until puffed and light brown.
Can be served with syrup.

Hope you enjoy and have a blessed day!     
Jackie





4 comments:

Runner Mom said...

Yum, yum, and yum! I 'll be there in a few hours to meet with y'all! ( I wish!!) Have a great day, sweet friend!
I'm subbing tomorrow, and I totally get what you mean with the subbing and planning!

Hugs!
Susan

Miss Debbie said...

Hi! I am happy I found you! I'm new at this! Recipe sounds great. We were "empty nesters" until our youngest moved back after graduating from college. It is different (the empty nesting part), but not like it was before having children.They may not be living under your roof anymore, but they are always dwelling in your heart and mind!I'm sure you know that all too well! Look forward to reading more.

Linda said...

Why do we do that to ourselves, overcommitting and causing ourselves to rush rush rush at the last minute!? I'm known for this!

I hope everything comes together and that you even have some down time before the friends arrive.

Have a great time and thanks for the recipe. My family loves breakfast for dinner!

Jennifer said...

Oh my - that sounds DEVINE! Hope you have a wonderful time!!