Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Here We Go Again

This past Thursday a few of us ladies got together again for a light meal and  fellowship. We had a wonderful time! We had some of the same ladies as before, and some new friends that joined us this time.  Even when I was limited on time to prepare, I kept it simple, and with the help of my wonderful husband, everything was ready with time to spare.

I pulled out the Blue Willow dishes with navy placemats.

Found these little notes at Hobby Lobby. I divided the large package, and made individual sets for each lady with a few little lifesavers tucked inside.  Iencouraged each lady to write a note to someone that God brings to mind in the next couple of weeks.


Glass hurricanes used at my daughter's wedding.
Yard sale bird nests.
Thrift store eggs.
River rock and moss that I had on hand.
Snipped a little ivy and peach blossoms to tuck inside.
Result: A quick and easy springy table centerpiece.

Have a blessed week!
Jackie

12 comments:

Victoria said...

Jackie, the table setting looks beautiful! What a neat thing you are doing with the other ladies. So glad you have a husband that helps you get ready when you have limited time. :)

Jennifer said...

What a sweet table - and I love the individual packs of notecards...great idea. I'm sure the entire afternoon was a blessing to all the ladies!

Runner Mom said...

How sweet! Love your gift of hospitality, Jackie! I have some Blue Willow china too! It's a classic!

Hugs!
Susan

Tara said...

Looks like you were the Hostess with the Mostest, Jackie! Beautiful table setting and love the gifts.
Hugs,
Tara

Diana Ferguson said...

Beautiful! I would love to sit down to that.

Christine said...

What a great way to make the ladies feel special. Your table looks wonderful.
I always feel good when someone goes the extra mile, just like you did.

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Hey Jackie~
Your table looks FAB my friend! What a beautiful job you've done.

Have a BLESSED Easter weekend celebrating the newness of life we have in HIM!!

Wendy said...

Your table setting is beautiful, but what touched me the most is the notecard. What a wonderful idea!
Wendy

Liz Harrell said...

What a beautiful table Jackie!

Christina said...

Jackie,

What a lovely table. The blue willow is just so pretty. Our sister Beth has Blue Willow dinnerware and it is always a delight to see a table set with it.

The eggs and branches are pretty too. Just the right touch for a girls night.

From the Kitchen said...

Just couldn't resist "visiting" and empty nest blog. That's us and we miss them. Enjoyed your postings.

Have a beautiful and blessed Easter.

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Your tablesetting looks lovely. And it definitely was a terrific time per your post.
I miss those days of gathering with friends.