Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last Tuesday I traveled with a group from our church to Atlanta/Woodstock, where we participated in "Love Loud". This project concluded the Georgia Baptist Convention here in GA. It rained non-stop from the time we left, until the time we returned home around midnight, yet approximately 950 volunteers still showed up to work together and complete many projects around the Atlanta area.

Our team traveled to the Nelson Price Treatment center. Since our fence painting was out of the question, we painted two offices on the inside of the building. Above is our team. We divided up into groups.


Here is our group in the office that we painted. Part of the group painted another  office, and a couple of others did some small repairs.
We had a great time serving others. I am learning when serving others my attitude improves. I am no longer focusing on myself and my needs/wants, which is something I need to practice more often.


Looking for ways to "Light it Up" in our communities will impact others in a way that words cannot. I truly believe this is how the Lord intends for us to function as the Body of Christ.

How will you be "Lighting it Up" this week?
Have a blessed week!
Jackie
"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
Colossians 3:17

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Isn't interesting - and oh so true - how are attitude changes (improves) when we serve others...and remove the focus from ourselves?!? Sounds like a great weekend!

Runner Mom said...

Amen! The focus needs to be on God and others and not ourselves. What a great opportunity, Jackie! So glad that you were a part of this! And, thanks for sharing it!
Hugs!
Susan

What kind of camera do you use? Those close-ups of the thread, etc. from your previous post are amazing! I have no sub jobs this week--yet! Kinda nice! I worked twice last week. :)

Just a little something from Judy said...

Serving together with a group of fellow believers...what a joy and privilege. I like all the smiles on your faces, and the words you shared on this post.

Christine said...

I like the name Love Loud.
That says it all.
Love Loud... yes real loud!
Looks like that is what you did.

Jessica Morris said...

What a great idea! Maybe when the boys are older we can join in too :)

sherri said...

How awesome that you participated in that volunteer work! I'm sure the community appreciated it! I agree about how great it is to get the focus off ourselves and put it into what we can do for others. I just need to do that more! Thanks for the inspiration!

sherri said...

How awesome that you participated in that volunteer work! I'm sure the community appreciated it! I agree about how great it is to get the focus off ourselves and put it into what we can do for others. I just need to do that more! Thanks for the inspiration!