Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Favorite Finds

I was going to join Holly for Thrifty Thursday, but it wasn't there. I will join if she adds it today.  Blogger is not cooperating so I had to settle for the pictures that I was able to load, and it took these quite a while. On to some fun finds! I had planned not to attend any sales this weekend since I was having one of my own. I had called a friend who told me about this Estate Sale, and she was sure that I wouldn't want to miss it. Needless to say she was right, and I definitely wish I had been there earlier. They had some great things that had already sold at fantastic prices. Here are the few little things that I picked up.

Check out all these old buttons! I picked up the pressed glass dish as a gift.
Can't wait to start some projects so I can use these.


I loved these old buttons still on the cards.

Yet another favorite thing!! Old wooden spools of thread.
Lots of them! About 75 in all. Based on what I have seen on etsy and ebay
$5 for all was a bargain!


These cute little spools were in there too.

A little closer look at those vintage hankies.
Remember that little project that I posted about? Well some of these items are going to make wonderful additions.
Hope you all are having a wonderful week. It has been a busy week so posting has been slow, and my little Blog Patroler told me that it was time for a new post, so here you have it.
Jackie

11 comments:

Dawn Gahan said...

What wonderful finds. I wonder . . . where you could put these to good use?!?!?!?

Dawn

Amber said...

Oh wow! I love all the buttons and spools!

You asked about the washclothes. Do you knit or crochet? Mine are crocheted, and they are super easy to make. And quick. I love a quick project! I have a pattern. If you're interested, I could send it to you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new post
LOve you Bunches!
The Blogger Patrol!!

Tara said...

Man! That is some great finds for a fantastic price. You lucky girl you. Can't wait to see what all you create with it all.

Amber said...

Jackie - I sent you an email with the crochet pattern!

Jennifer said...

What fun finds...and I love your photos of them! So glad I'm not the only one who struggles with blogger and loading pictures! :)

Beckypdj said...

I like your stuff!!! You pics really turn out great too. Can't wait to see what you create with it all.

Ginny said...

What great finds! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with all those buttons.

Melinda said...

Cool stuff--love the buttons and the spools. Have fun!

Melinda

Linda said...

Look at all those treasures! How fun! I especially like all of the buttons. I've been on the lookout for buttons too as I want to display some in a glass jar I have. You'll have to show us what you end up doing with yours.

Room to Inspire said...

I just love the bowl of buttons - great finds.

Chelsea