Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Trying to Suppress the HOUSE Love!

Today I am trying to occupy myself with some needed cleaning and fun projects so I can quit thinking about...
...this
My friend The realtor has already called to see if we were really interested. It is probably going to be gone by the end of the day (my guess). I am trying to be realistic here, and be a Big Girl and not let my wants hurt me.
My husband did not totally squash the idea, but there are pros and cons both ways. We really like where we are, however it is not the dream cottage, but God has provided a wonderful home that is paid for. We live very close to where I have been subbing in a good neighborhood, where I actually have someone a walk away that takes care of Stella when I have to be gone.
However, it is not the Cottage neighborhood.
OK enough of that. If God wants us to have it, he will show us. Both of us, not just me!

In continued effort not to think about the COTTAGE, Sheree is having another great
Giveaway!
Winning this could probably help with the Cottage thing! Check it out here.
Have a wonderful week!
Jackie

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh when I checked in the other day and saw the dream house for the first time...I didn't have a chance to comment - but I was so excited for you! What a treasure - and I was just sure you were going to "go for it"!! Must say, I'm a bit bummed - ha ha. And it really had nothing to do with me..but I was excited for you. It is easy to fall in love with a new house, isn't it?? Done that a few times (too many few times!)

Share your projects with us, though! Have a great week! No more redecorating that new kitchen/living room/etc for the
100th time in your mind! :)

Jessica Morris said...

That is a really charming home :)

God completely led us to the home we're in now, and it's amazing looking back and seeing so clearly how He led us here (we'd even seen the listing online and had both said NO WAY!! to this house!! :)

I would love the tent for the boys if you don't want it for yourselves. The boys would have a riot playing in it! :)

Christina said...

The Lord will lead and guide. I'll be praying for you and look forward to hearing what y'all decide.

Runner Mom said...

I love that cottage! My dream home and yours are one in the same!! But, let go and let God drive you in the right direction. I know it's hard, but...His timing is perfect. Hope you got some cleaning done! I did dust!! Yuck!

Hugs,
Susan

Victoria said...

Oh Jackie, the cottage is beautiful! I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it either! My husband and I put a contract in on a foreclosure this Spring and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It was so hard not to be upset when we didn't get it. It took a lot of talking to myself and telling myself that God has a plan and that house wasn't in it. It's hard when you fall in love with one and when it has gorgeous dining room windows like the cottage you found!

Love the bottle brush tree gift wrap!