Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chandelier Project

When I chose my title  "31 Days of  Being Creative"
perhaps it should have been 31 Days of Projects or something else. 
I will not be creating in the sense that some might think, but I prefer to look at many 
aspects of creativity. Sometimes this will be seeing things, not necessarily as they
are, but what they can be. Sometimes that means improving upon what is already there.


Here is today's project. 
I purchased this chandelier earlier this year for $2.00 at the thrift store.
I knew that I would need a light fixture of a substantial size to hang over my dining room table.
Often that means substantial $$as well.
When I spotted this fixture I knew it would be perfect and the style was perfect.

The only problem being the slightly pinkish color. 
Nothing a little oil rubbed bronze spray paint couldn't fix. 
I am happy to say the fixture is complete, and looks exactly like I hoped it would.
Stay tuned for the reveal in the next few days.
Hopefully I will be able to show you the improved fixture hanging in my dining room. 
Hope you have had a wonderful day!
Jackie

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Now I am caught up with your series. Fun.
Great price for light fixture.
Can't wait to see how it looks.

M :)

Christine said...

We needed a chandelier but I couldn't find one at a thrift store or at any lighting store. I'd say you got the deal of the summer.
Yours is wonderful and I can't wait to see it up!