Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

BIG News!!!!!

     O.K. It has been 11 days since I last posted. I know I am feeling pretty slack over here. Do you know we have not had this cold, rainy, cloudy of a winter in long time, here in south Georgia! It has rained, rained, and rained some more. We no longer are experiencing a drought! We have a small portion in our back yard that we are now referring to as "the pond". Some sunshine and warmth would pick me up a lot, but then, there are other things that have been occupying me.    
      Last week I went to FL again to take my girl back to the Dr. Please continue to pray.She is still having many problems with her UC. I subbed 3 days this past week, so I was either in the car or working at the school. Not really, but it sure feels that way sometimes, and believe me, those children could use some sunshine too!
     Now in other news.........my daughter and her husband are expecting.........their first baby! our first Grandchild! Wow, I am going to be a grandmother! We are excited! I told her this week on our way to the Dr. that we can always depend on her for excitement.(this was a little BIG surprise) She and I have made many, many trips to the Dr. together, so we have learned to laugh about a lot, when the situation was not that laughable. 
     In all this already God has answered prayer this week. She had to come out of the clinical trial that she was participating in. This past week she would have definitely been getting the Meds- no placebo. That was a disappointment since the trial has covered all of her medical treatment since May. Treating UC is very expensive, and the Meds that they need to try could cost in the $1000-2000 range for each individual treatment. I had already been praying about what that would mean, asking God to make a way, and he has. She received a call yesterday, that her Meds are on the way to her, and they found a plan that would make her co-pay, and a nurse will be coming from Tallahassee free of charge to show her how to give herself the injections. Answered prayer, that only God could do. It was His reminder to me that I don't need to always be the one figuring out how all of this is going to work. He is our provider! Please continue to pray for her health, and the health of the baby. Her hemoglobin is low, and needs to improve, and she is not tolerating the iron very well.
     In the recent Beth Moore Bible Study that I am participting in "A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place", she reminds us that "fear is an opportunity for faith". God has brought this to mind many times in the past couple of weeks. I am so glad that we serve a God whose ways are  not our ways! I would have me in a mess more often than not!
     Hopefully it will not be another 11 days before I post again. And by the way, I cannot be called Grandma or Grandmother, still a little too young for that so do you have any suggestions? My Mom is already Nana, so that is out. Can't wait to hear what you all come up with. Have a blessed evening. Jackie

11 comments:

ProudNana said...

Congrats on the grandbaby!!! I have 3 grandbabies at the age of 40 :) How about the little one calling you meemaw??I am nana and my mom is meemaw :D

Beckypdj said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jackie. I can't wait for that to happen in our family! I can feel your excitement from here.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Ginny said...

Congratulations! I pray that all goes well with your daughter's pregnancy and her treatment.

Tara said...

Congrats to you Jackie! I know you are so excited. I can't wait until that day comes too. Here are a few that I have heard:
Nana
Noni
Memaw
Mammaw
Meme
I like Meme!
Hugs,
Tara

Melinda said...

Congratulations and I'm with Tara-how a bout Mimi?

Good luck!

Melinda

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Being a granparent is the best - really!! What exciting news:) I am known as Mimi (and it works great for me...I know it is really popular but its sweet and easy to say so the little one picks it up fast:) )

Enjoy every day of these weeks of planning and anticipation...such fun!

Kim Hancock said...

Hey Jackie! I was thinking about your daughter & you the other day when we were coming through the Gainesville/Jacksonville area. Congratulations on the good news! Some of my favorites are... meme & lala...

Kim

Jessica Morris said...

Blaine told us the news last night!! So excited for you :)

Blaine was a HUGE help yesterday with our closets!!

Dawn Gahan said...

Yipeee!! Great news, Jackie!

Dawn

I've already picked out Marmee for my own name as a grandmother. It's from Little Women. But, as everyone knows, whatever comes out of the little one's mouth is what sticks. I'll probably wind up as Pippy or Shooshie or something like that. And it will be fine!

The Brady's Blog..Not Home Yet said...

Congrats. I love being a grandma. You won't believe how wonderful it is until it happens. You will instantly fall in love.