Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

On Getting Older

Today, I am one year older. I haven't fully embraced this aging process with open arms. What I have decided is... I am getting older therefore I need to:
  • make healthy choices
  • start exercising.... again
  • break my diet soda addiction (yes, addiction!) by the way,  today,8 days with no soda
  • I have a good bit of weight to lose, and NOW is the time to start the process
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
                                                                                                                              I Corinthians 6:19-20

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Let me be the first to say "Happy, Happy Day"!!! :)

I can totally relate to your post below. Would you believe I woke up this morning and thought of you and thought "I haven't seen any posts from Mrs Jackie lately". :)

Here's to a wonderful new year!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

I am with you on all your ideas, except that I need to lose the need for sugar - ie . candy, particularly chocolate! Hope you had a lovely birthday!

The first Corinthians verse is very appropriate. I suspect that the journey in aging is the most challenging journey we take.

Melinda said...

Good luck to you! Sounds like you are on the way.

Melinda

Runner Mom said...

Happy belated birthday, my friend!! Hope it was awesome! So proud of the choices that you are thinking about. Hope all is well.
Hugs!
Susan

Christine said...

Embracing age is the only way!
What is even better is that you are going to make healthy choices.

Congratulations!