Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Road Trip and Random Things

This weekend we headed to North Georgia a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. What a wonderful testimony, a life of 50 wonderful years together.

We had a wonderful time visiting with relatives that we don't get to see very often. They did a beautiful job of putting the reception together, a time that truly honored this sweet couple.

now imagine putting this girl,

this girl, and one little fellow together, and know what you have? Lots of activity non-stop until they get used to each other. I could not get a picture of the other little fellow because he couldn't be still long enough and I gave up. Stella, Chloe and Bailey all miniature schnauzers, and two of them are still puppies. My girl Stella has almost perfected the art of ignoring them both.

On to more random things. This picture is for Victoria.

This is a Vinca vine that is planted outside our side door, and is a great ground cover. Even better than ivy.

Last week when Susie did her post on drying hydrangeas, mine were perfectly ready, at least the few that I had, so I ran out and cut them to put in the bedroom that I have been working on. As Victoria put it, my yard thrift of the week. It was something I love, and didn't cost me a thing!How much more thrifty than that can you get? For more amazing thrifty finds check it out here.Have a wonderful week! Jackie

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like y'all had some great family time! Your flower looks great. I hope it dries perfectly for you...Have a great one friend!

Tiffany said...

Very sweet. I love celebrating long lasting marriages.

Looks like you had a lovely weekend!

Jennifer said...

I think I told you that I love hydrangeas!! I planted one this year but, so far, nothin'!!

And - congratulations - how wonderful to celebrate 50 years of marriage!! Next year will be 25 for me...half way there!! How exciting!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

thanks for joining the party. I love dried hydrangeas too.

Be sure and put your actual post URL on Mr. Linky. You had your blog address & not this post & I changed it.

Lisa said...

50 years! How wonderful! You don't see that very often any more.
Love the flowers!
:)Lisa
kssnnikkel.blogspot.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

50 yrs. - Wow!
I tried drying hydrangeas this year - no luck. Maybe cut to soon. Went to get more and try again, but they were to far gone on the bush. I usually have pretty good luck with them. Your's are pretty.
Glenda

sherri said...

Unfortunately, I was too late for my hydrangeas! I saw Susie's post too, and hoped to save some, but they already dead and dried out (not too pretty anymore!). 50th anniv.s are indeed special...and rare now-a-days!

Unknown said...

Your dog is so cute. We have a terrier mix that we saved from the shelter in May. He has so much energy and has brought alot of love into our home.
Thank you to Pumpkin Seed for providing a link to your site.

Amber said...

I love the vinca vine!

Jerralea said...

What a wonderful thing to celebrate - 50 years of marriage! I have never heard of dried hydrangeas ...