Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4: How Much is Too Much?

You might have too much, if you can't get into your storage building.
You might have too much, if you have a closet full of fabric. 
You might have too much, if your cabinets are full with no extra storage.
You might have too much, if your back porch is your workshop.

You get the idea I suppose. I am looking forward to the Barn Sale, Yard Sale, and Artisan Market! I am even contemplating whether or not it is time to take a little break from my small business. These are all things that I hope are going to change over the next 30 days.

We have lived in our current home the longest of any place we have lived, and I am now realizing that the more we moved, I let things go more easily. Sometimes there were things that I got rid of so easily that I found myself wishing I had them back, and that is what I think started turning things slowly in the other direction. What if I need it one day, what if I regret selling it. What if I need those extra clothes, they might not be the right size now, but one day.......

It is time for a change! a real change. I could sure use your ideas and a little cheer leading along the way.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

That is the hard part of letting
go of things.

M : )

Pieliekamais said...

I struggle with this, too.

Stacey said...

I actually kind of enjoy letting things go. Follow that old rule, if something new comes in then something must go out. Clean out the closets regularly. I promise it feels freeing!

Anonymous said...

I think it's important to remember that clutter isn't just "things". It can be obligations too. If you are feeling like you have too much going on, you might be right. I have also gone from ruthlessly tossing stuff to hoarding everything and it is hard to find a happy medium.