Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm BACK!!!!!

I'm back after a much needed break. It was a busy week trying to get ready for the yard sale, and preparing for my children to arrive. I always forget how much work the yard sales are, for what seems like so little, but we did clear some stuff out, gave some things away, and then donated the remainder to the Goodwill and Salvation Army.

I enjoyed some good visiting with my children. We celebrated my son's 21st birthday, had some good food and good times, and then come Sunday afternoon, the nest was empty again.

Monday started out busy for me also. I attended a substitute teacher training all morning, then took the test to be approved, and guess what, I passed! I was so nervous since it has been many years since I had to take a test of any kind. I completed the paperwork today, and should be ready to substitute in the school here by the end of the month. I enjoy children so this should be a good challenge for me and provide the flexibility that I enjoy.

Monday evening began a new Bible study for the fall. I will be participating in the Beth Moore study Breaking Free. If you have not participated in one of these studies you are missing a tremendous blessing. Beth Moore is such a gifted teacher. I am looking forward to growing and learning during this study.

I'll leave you with some bits and pieces of my
FALL decorations. Have I mentioned that FALL
is my favorite season?



Do you see this cute little Pumpkin ?
Here's a little secret..........I paid too much for
it, but I couldn't resist, but I hope to be adding
some bargain Pumpkins soon!
Glad to be back! Have a blessed evening. Jackie

10 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Glad you were able to clear out some stuff. I've only ever had one garage sale and it was too much work for too little money! Now we donate things and take the tax deduction. Well, except for children's clothing--I consign and ebay that stuff.

~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Yard sales are alot of work! Sometimes I just donate the stuff to Goodwill and take the deduction.

Very cool pumpkin!

Manuela

Marie said...

Hope you made lots of money at your yard sale... to buy more stuff! :o) Pretty fall decorations!

Liz Harrell said...

Congrats to you! Substitute teaching is one of the bravest jobs on earth... good luck! :)

Yard sales make me so tired, but the cash afterward is the best! Hope you make tons of money.

Shannon said...

Welcome back!!

Breaking Free is a great study!!

I love your fall touches!

Lorrie said...

You will enjoy Breaking Free - and be challenged in it. I did that one a couple of years ago. This month we're starting her new one "Stepping Up."
Clearing out stuff is always a good thing!

Enjoy this wonderful season.

Lorrie

Southern Fried Gal said...

Hello, Jackie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

I agree - there's just something about fall. Love that pedestal - I have one and I've used it for a little bit of everything. I think I like it best for fall. Your pumpkin splurge is super cute! Can't wait to see more!

Ms. Tee said...

Your fall touches are really cute! :) I'm really liking the pumpkins on the candleholders that I'm seeing everywhere!

Joy said...

Isn't fall decorating the best. The colors are so beautiful and really warm up any room. Your decorations look great!

Kim Hancock said...

Hey Jackie! I have been so busy lately and it has totally cramped my blogging. I'm glad you made it through you yard sale. It feel so good to go through everything and then what is left haul off to charity.