Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

29 Years and Counting!

Yesterday my sweet husband and I celebrated 29 years of marriage. Wow, it seems like yesterday, and actually I don't feel old enough to have been married 29 years. You might ask what special things we did so here goes. We woke up at 5:15 am, so we could be ready in time to drive 2 hours to my husbands dental appointment. Yes, dental appointment on our anniversary! But hey, I love him bunch!

Next, I dropped him off for his appointment while I ran some important errands......... 1. Thrift store first stop 2. TJMaxx 3. Ross for Less 4. Panera Bread 5.Tuesday Morning 6. Hancock Fabrics 7. Decorator Fabric Outlet

Then I was out of time because DH was calling me to come pick him up. Actually my sweet son was at school and was able to pick him up , then the three of us met for lunch. We had some wonderful non-diet food from a popular seafood place and the lunch shrimp was wonderful, along with our visit.

There was one more stop before heading home. Yes, this wonderful husband of mine endured a trip to Michael's before leaving town, and you know with all of the wonderful fall stuff I had a hard time pulling myself away. He waited so patiently. Did I mention that the weather couldn't have been nicer, cool and overcast and it felt just like fall.

The most important thing I want you to know is that God has blessed me with a wonderful husband who loves me, and has loved me in the good times and the not so good times. We have been through job losses, jobs where there was extensive traveling for him, a child with a chronic disease, and now we are experiencing an empty nest together. God has used all of these times not only to grow us closer together, but closer to HIM, and for this I am so thankful!
My husband is truly one of God's best blessings to me. Jackie

20 comments:

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Congratulations to you and your husband! It sounds like a wonderful anniversary to me! :) And he is a sweetie for heading to Michaels with you!
Carrie

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Hello! I came across your blog and really enjoyed it! I will be sending my oldest daughter off to college next year, so looks like we have something in common. I know it will come much too quickly.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, and hope you have many more great years together! Have a wonderful day!

Autum said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 29 years! It does go by so very fast.

Rae said...

Congratulations!!!!

Marie said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful day... even if you husband DID have to endure the dentist. ha ha So.... did you BUY anything? ;O)

Blissfully Enamored said...

I am so glad that you found my blog! Thanks for the comment and look hard for those pumpkins! I was at a different Target yesterday and didn't see any! I actually put mine with some orange pillar candles on my mantle and they look so pretty! I think they ended up being about $2 each! It was a great investment! :)

Debbies-English-Treasures said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Trixi said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope you have many, many more!!

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary!! Thank you for popping by and leaving the sweet comment!!
Blessings,
Robin

Darlene said...

Congratulations on 29 years...he sounds like a keeper for sure!!!

Joy said...

What a blessing to be married to a good man that will let you play while he's at the dentist. That's about as romantic as my husband and I get too. ;~)
Happy anniversary to the both of you!

Victoria said...

Congratulations! 29 years is a BIG deal in this day and age!

I think it's neat that you two are dealing with and adjusting to an empty nest together.

Technically I am not really a S Ga girl...just Ga girl (20 miles south of Atl).

Thanks for stopping by our blog and leaving me encouraging words!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh, congratulations on your 29 years!! Sounds like the day was full, fun and pleasant. Can't wait to see those pumpkins. I saw the beautiul one you posted down below. I loved the fabric in that one. I'll be back for your pumpkin reveal. : )
M.L.

Amanda Jo said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I have loved getting to know you in the last couple of days! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, they mean so much!

~~Deby said...

Happy Anniversary..I looked at your list...well today I did:
Michaels
Tuesday Mornings
Hancocks
Good Will
TJ Maxx
yard sale...
Sounds a bit familiar, huh?
~Deby

Kim said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a sweet man for making the stop to Michaels. Hope the rest of your day was wonderful!!!

Ginny said...

I'm a bit late, but I want to congratulate you on 29 years together! Sounds like you married a gem of a man.

Kim Hancock said...

Congratulations...29 years...that is beautiful!