Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Good Things

I will be away from posting for a while, since my son and daughter will both be home. When I return I hope to finallly have the ottoman finished and some pictures to share around the house. I thought I would leave you with a delicious and easy summer pie to try. The wonderful thing is this makes two.


Mandarin Orange Pie:


2 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
1 Can Sweet Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
1 Large Cool Whip
1 Large Can Mandarin Oranges Cut into bits.

*Mix milk and lemon juice*Add Cool Whip & fold *Add Oranges * Pour into pie crust and refrigerate until firm. I usually do this in the AM to serve PM.
Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

Trixi said...

My daughter loves desserts with Mandarin oranges. I will be copying this one down.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving us with a yummy recipe. We will be here when you return.. hope you have a great visit with your wee ones... the table is in the dept. by the towels, weird I know. I do everything in inches....it's 19 1/2 across and about 25 inches from top to floor.... enjoy, Susie H~

Ann said...

That pie looks so yummy and easy to do. I have to try it sometime.
Can I use mangoes instead of oranges?

Liz Harrell said...

Mmmm, sounds good! Hope you have lots of fun with your kiddos!

Dawn Gahan said...

Thanks for your sweet words about missing my posts! I tried to post a bit yesterday (managed three!!) but was knee deep in getting ready for the parents to come to dinner. And of course, I chose to bake things. What was I thinking? Yesterday was hot as Hades and by the time my parents got to my place, I had fans going everywhere.

Nonetheless we had a wonderful evening. I'm enjoying my Sunday, as this week at work looks to be worst than last. Ugh.

On a sweet note . . . this pie looks wonderful! I love mandarin oranges and think this would be perfect for a brunch!

Dawn

AudreyO said...

I love mandarin oranges and what an easy recipe. Glad I stumbled onto your blog. I'm childless right now so how could I not stop by blog named "empty nest"