Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's For Dinner?

I tried something new with an old recipe last night for dinner, and thought I'd share it with you.



Chicken Spaghetti


  • Small Fryer or 3 to 4 Chicken Breasts

  • 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup

  • Reserved Broth

  • 8oz. Grated Cheddar Cheese

  • About 12oz. Spaghetti Noodles

  • Mushrooms, Green Peas (optional)

  • Small onion chopped fine

  • Salt & Pepper to taste

All of this can be done in crockpot without heating the oven. Cook chicken until done. Remove from bone and chop into bite size pieces. Cook spaghetti noodles and drain. Spray crockpot with non-stick spray. Pour in soup , about 2 cans of reserved broth( I add more broth later if it does not seem like enough liquid. Stir until smooth. Add cooked noodles, chicken, cheese, onion, salt & pepper, and mix well. I added a small amount of grated cheese on top. Cook in crockpot on Hi for at least an hour. Goes well with rolls and a tossed salad. Let me know if you like it. What's your favorite summer recipe that doesn't heat up the kitchen?

3 comments:

Autum said...

Mmmm sounds good. I make a similar dish, with chicken breast and angel hair pasta. I use a can of Rotel tomatoes and velveta cheese + cream of chicken soup and a little chicken broth. Throw it all together in a 9x13 casserole dish and bake till bubbly.

Ann said...

Hmmm...I'm sure the recipe would be sumptuous but I'm not really a great cook. Might try it one of these days with the help of our cook, but I really like the white and blue plate you have there. Nice table setting.

Anonymous said...

I make something kinda like this but I put mine in the oven. Yours sounds better and easier! I will have to give it a try. - the sweet peas, hehe. Take care and have a great weekend! Susie H~