Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days: Favorite Paint



 
Here it is, my new favorite paint:
 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
 
Remember me telling you that I did the extra chalk paint class during the Becoming Conference?
 
I was amazed at being able to finish a complete furniture transformation in a few hours.
The coverage is wonderful, especially if there are a few imperfections that you want to hide.
 
 
Here are a couple of shots of a before picture of a little rocker that a friend of mine wanted me to paint for a gift.

 
As you can tell, this paint job lacks a LOT to be desired.
She actually purchased it this way. Good thing that she could see the potential.

 
Here is the after.
Keep in mind, she will be waxing it. I had the color that she wanted so I painted it, and will deliver it to her this evening so she can finish the waxing.
 
The colors are rich and it took very little paint to do this. It is pricey, but a quart of paint will go a long way!
 
Oh, and I almost forgot, see the basket at the top?
It has :
2 Quarts of chalk paint, 2 ASCP Brushes, ASCP Paint Transformations Book,
Dark Wax and Clear Wax
and 2 Sample pots of Chalk Paint
Well I won this at the "Everything you Wanted to know about Paint"
session at the Becoming Conference.  So excited for the opportunity to try this out on many projects around here that have been awaiting a transformation.


1 comment:

Miss Debbie said...

So what does he waxing do....give it a finish or protect it or both??