Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Sneak Peek

Remember this little song?
This is the song that never ends.
Yes, it goes on and on my friends.
Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever
just because....
This is the song that never ends........
You Get The Idea!
Well these days, I am feeling like this is the project that never ends.....

 I thought I would give you a little peek at what I have been up to today. The cabinet man did come and hang the doors, all but a few that is.
Here's a look at the drawers. Pleas pardon the dirty floors and all of the sawdust.
Here's a look into the laundry room, with the bead board wallpaper.
Now, here's what I need to know.
How picky is too picky?
There are a couple of doors that got dinged and he is taking them back to re-paint, but I have a couple of doors that the finish has some dimples in. The doors were sprayed with and oil base, and then spray lacquer over the top. I am not familiar with this process, so my question is, am I just being too picky?
If it was not noticeable I would be OK, but it is a little too noticeable, at least I think it is.
 I think I told you before, the counter-top order got lost, but should be here next week.
 Light fixtures have been ordered, and they should be here next week.
 Couldn't get a hold of the counter-top guy.
One door was completely the wrong size, and I gauged the paper behind the washer, when I was touching up some things. Thank goodness it is behind the washer.
I know I am going to thoroughly enjoy the new kitchen, but I am ready to be functioning normally once again, and for my house to be CLEAN!

10 comments:

Ginny said...

For what it's worth, I think that if you are paying for a service, you should have the job done to your satisfaction. I don't think that's being too picky.

Sure hope your house is back in order soon!

Victoria said...

Oh heavens Mrs Jackie, I bet you do feel like it is the project that will never end.

Let me tell you though, I am in LOVE with the look so far! LOVE the handles on those drawers, the knobs and the wallpaper!!! LOVE IT.

I don't know what to say about the picky part. It is hard because when you spend your well earned money and something isn't right it makes me sick. I wondered the same thing with my kitchen remodel. My brother-in-law did the painting (I paid him a very small amount that he quoted but I know it was nothing like he would normally charge) so I didn't say ANYTHING about any mess ups. With the cabinet door guy though, I paid for them and I did ask him to fix a thing or two.

Yes, I do love having a bit of spring in the midst of the grey winter. Especially with the crazy cold winter we are having! Our average highs are 55 I believe and it's been WAY colder than that. I miss our sunshine. ;)

Melinda said...

Looks like progress is being made.
You'll enjoy it when all is done.

Have a great Sunday.

Melinda

Anonymous said...

I remember when our kitchen was getting done! You spend so much money that you want it to be PERFECT! and it never is. We have some dents around here that were from the beginning. It doesn't hurt to say anything. You might regret it if you don't.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

That's the reason as much as I love painting I don't think I could do it for somebody who was PAYING - I would want it to be perfect! I'm not familiar with the process either, but I'd definitely say something....they can only say no, right??

Runner Mom said...

Jackie! This looks great!!! How exciting! If something bothers you now, it will still bother you 5 months from now. Have them fix it...you are paying them for this service!!

What kind of sewing machine do you have? I MIGHT be looking for one! I need to make Austin's quilt before he graduates!!
Hugs!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cabinetry...love the hardware!
Congrats to you! You won the Amy Butler book giveaway on my blog and $20 to my fabric shop! Please send me your mailing information so I can get you your goodies. :)
Hugs,
Sheree

Amber said...

I have found that every home project we've endeavored on is the project that never ends! :)

Can't wait to see the final product!

Tara said...

Looking very pretty!
hugs,
tara

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm sorry but I'm pretty darn picky and when I'm payin' for something I want it done right.

Your place is lookin' beautiful sweetie!

I can't wait to see the finished product.

God bless and have a marvelous day!!!