Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Visitor

Have you ever had a guest in your home, that you just wished would leave, but you didn't want to feel as if you would have to be mean to get them to leave? One that just wouldn't go away? They seem harmless but create a mess. Well I have one of those visitors and here he is:

He remained a bit of a mystery for a little while because he would disappear during the day, and I couldn't figure out what was digging in my potted plants on the back porch. I would come out in the mornings to find dirt everywhere!

Yesterday I noticed a nice little lump in this cactus that I had re potted Saturday when I dropped the pot. So I gently patted the dirt back down, to find this little guy buried in the dirt. I gently scooped him out and shooed him away, and tried to remedy the situation by doing this:

He returned to bury himself in the spot where there were no rocks. So I am now thinking of making him a pot of his very own. I will water it just like the other plants so he has a nice cool spot to relax. What kind of visitors are you entertaining these days? Have a great day! Jackie

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I adore frogs. I think it's fun to be surprised by where they choose to live. :)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Yesterday I was outside and my son had found a frog and decided to jump with it on the trampoline...yikes. Poor frog...he will never come back to our house again.

PS Do you know you have word verification on?

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
I'm being a bit unconventional, but I noticed your comment over at Lipstick and Laundry, saying "I was hoping someone would post some 4th decorations." I'm inviting you to come take a peek over at my place because I went a little crazy. Someone should have called "Security" on me.
I LOVED what Jen did over at her place, especially the Presidential Banner...so clever and cute!!!
P.S. I'm so glad that little frog was not IN your home. : )

Jessica Morris said...

We have ants :) I'd like them to go away!!

http://keethastuff.blogspot.com/2009/06/lady-with-wonderful-vision.html <-- check out this post. It is amazing what the lady is doing! I don't have Blaine's email address, but I thought he might find it interesting to look at since he's into different forms of art.

Ms. Tee said...

Wow, he blends right in with the dirt, doesn't he?! We have lots of visitors, especially lizards and chipmunks. My kitty wants to catch them, so I'm constantly saving them. lol :) What a sweet idea to make him his own pot!

sherri said...

I think that's nice of you to get him his own pot so he can stay nice and cool! We have lots of froggies around here too. They keep me up at night with their frog chorus!