Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Planning

During the past week or so the Lord has been speaking to me about "PLANNING", or to be more specific, "My Lack of It"! This morning in my quiet time I did a quick search of the word "Plan" (Bible gateway) in an effort to know more of what God wants to show me. Here is a little of what I think that is:

*I do not have to be out evangelizing the world to be daily following God's plans for me. (Don't get me wrong, I think He intends for me to seize those opportunities) but today it may be simply be, making sure I have taken care of things in my home. Proverbs 15:21-23

*The Lord will establish my plans if I am seeking Him daily. In my flesh, I can devise all sorts of plans that seem "Good" to me. Proverbs 16:2-3

*I need to be diligent in what God has shown me to do.
Proverbs 21:5

Isaiah 32:8 says, "But the noble man devises noble plans; and by noble plans he stands."
Here are some of the definitions I found for noble:

1. Possessing outstanding qualities
2. possessing very high or excellent qualities or properties

What I asked myself is, "How can I devise noble plans?"
The answer is, I Can't but He Can!
I realized if I am seeking the Lord daily, His daily plans for me, listening to His instruction, I can have noble plans, because His ways are not my ways, see Isaiah 55:8-9

So today I am out to do some "Planning" God's way.

If you would like to know what God used to get me to hear what He has been trying to say to me, Go Here. This insightful post got me to thinking! Hope you all have a wonderful week! Blessings, Jackie

7 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I love your post today!!! when life gets crazy and all the "noise" rattles my brain I find it very hard to discern God's Will for my life, which is of course when I need to hear it most. I have learned (most of the time) to step back, engage in quiet time or even do a mindless chore, anything to disconnect from from the noise. I know that until I quiet my mind and soul I cannot hear God speak to me...sometimes I am suprised (although I shouldn't be) when He answers me and I am often afraid to go down the path He leads but when I throw caution to the wind and follow His plan things always lead to successful outcomes! Trust the call and open yourself up to endless opportunities, remember to "let Go & let God"

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

AWESOME planning!
Props for going on a get away with God this morning! Quiet time!
My yard sticks came from a flooring store, they gave me 12 if I made them a flag... hahahah So I left with 24 and made two! I bet yardsticks would be inexpensive at Lowes or Home Depot??

Tiffany said...

Wow. Absolutely wow.

I love the way you went about finding the meaning of "plan". I wish I had thought of that! :)

The Isaiah 32:8 verse really strikes me. "By noble plans he stands". I can't imagine any better inspiration toward planning based on our priorities than that one line. I feel like God has really opened my eyes lately about what I should be putting my time and effort toward. To be honest, he's really shown me that the season of putting a lot of time toward my home is coming to an end. I will always make efforts to make my house a home, but I need to spend more time reaching out to my fellow man. It's time to take care of my home and responsibilities and put serving others above serving my self.

Thank you for sharing this post. I'm sure I will be back to reference it in the future.

Kristen, pajama mama said...

yup...i plan to commit my plans to Him everyday for this summer...there is peace when I do. great thoughts-thanks for sharing!

blessings on your new running program-it's so exciting to get into a new routine! I hope you enjoy it-and let me know how it's going!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like being still....and hearing God speak to your heart!

Dawn Jenkins said...

I am in a "be still and know that I am God" mode right now...waiting for HIS voice to number my steps....good post! Love ya!

Jennifer said...

What a great post today! Thanks for the good reminder....

I didn't get a chance to comment on your bedroom redo...I'm just too slow. Did you come up with some good ideas?

When I think of vintage - I think of older flea market type treasures..and florals. For my two cents worth...either two floral prints or a collection of old family photos in a variety of frames.

With the pretty color on the walls, I would have to have hydrangeas somewhere - in a big basket beside the bed on even in a wall basket.

I love your windows - several people mentioned hankerchiefs....how about sewing several together to make simple cafe curtains??

Can't wait to see some after photos - and "happy planning"! Great thought.