- I can't solve our world's economic crisis.
- I can't solve our world's spiritual crisis.
- I can't make our world's leaders make right choices.
- I can't nominate the right person for the Supreme Court.
- I can't make people understand the value of a human life.
- I can't stop wars.
- I can't erase famine and poverty.
- I can't turn a world that seems upside down, right side up.
Here's what I can do.
- I can stand for righteousness.
- I can humble myself before God.
- I can ask for forgiveness.
- I can ask that God will be merciful to His children.
- I can call on the Sovereign Lord of the universe to change what I can't.
....and YOU can too! I just finished reading a letter from our Pastor with a reminder to wake up, pray for God's forgiveness, and pray for a generation that is growing up not knowing who God is, what it means to be a Christian, and understanding that there is only ONE way, and that is through Jesus Christ. Focus on the Family has also issued a request that we not have just a National Day of Prayer, but a National Year of Prayer. I believe God is challenging me to pray daily for our nation and the place we find ourselves today. Will you join me? I will try to post a reminder every week, to keep myself accountable to do this daily.
"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, and My people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land." II Chronicles 7:13-14
Please notice this is not talking to those that do not know the Lord, but those that belong to HIM. It is my prayer that you will be willing to join me daily. I know this has been a little heavy, but God calls us to obedience, and for me, this time obedience means sharing what He has put on my heart. Have a blessed weekend. Jackie