Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Becoming Part I

If you were not able to attend the Becoming Conference in Asheville this year, you missed a real treat! If I had to sum it up with just one word, it would be REAL. These ladies were real, sharing real stories that encouraged, inspired and motivated.
 
 
Here's Jen at the very end of the conference sharing "Living Large on Less"
Her story was very similar to our family's story. Living through job loss, and how they did it. And steps to take so that you would be ready if you had to face that situation in the future.
 
I arrived with pretty high expectations since I had driven 6 hours to get there, and I was not disappointed.
 
 
The first thing that we jumped into was the Hands On Painting Workshop that was offered. This was an extra that you could sign up for, and I was so glad that I did.
 
 
MJ gave us instruction on the details and How-To  of Annie Sloan Chalk paint, and it was a blast! We were able to bring a small side table that we would transform with the chalk paint that afternoon.
Many wonderful ladies were there to help with questions that we had and offer their expertise along the way.
 
And here is my finished piece.
 
 
The top really looked pretty good, and they talked me into leaving it and just painting graphite on the legs. Just a little bit of distressing, and now I have a new table.
 
Have a blessed Wednesday, and I will be sharing more before the end of the week.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Jackie that does sound like fun. I would love to hear Jen speak! She's a smart woman. And how fun to learn first hand the Annie Sloan Chalkpaint method. :)

Miss Debbie said...

Glad you had a meaningful weekend. Table looks great!

Unknown said...

I'd love for you to stop by my new blog if you get a chance!
Thanks!

theirchanginglives.blogspot.com