Monday, January 26, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
* Moving a trailer of appliances and wedding gifts to my daughter.
A little of this.
To make this. Oops! I forgot you will need a little duct tape too.
I forgot to take a picture, but you will also need red tinsel of some kind. Mine came from Big Lots. It was 25 feet @75% off, which was .75. Wrap it around your heart shape, with a little hot glue along the way.
Then you will end up with this. They were selling similar ones at Big Lots for $11.00. Now you could use a styrofoam heart shape, but I was determined to do this cheap. My husband keeps all sorts of odds and ends, so when I told him what I was going to do, he suggested the hose and wire. He actually put that part together for me, and made a wonderful little hanger, so it would hang correctly on the front door. I spent a total of 75 cents for this one. What have you been up to lately? Jackie
Monday, January 12, 2009
1. I have loaded my daughter up at least 10 times to MovE her somewhere. Keep in mind she is only 26.
2. My favorite cake of all time is Coconut. I can probably thank my Great-Grandmother for this. When she made one, she bought a fresh coconut, grated in by hand and made it completely from scratch. DELICIOUS I tell you!
3. I am a CoNtrOl FrEak , who has improved a lot, but I still like to be the driver. When my husband and I travel, I am usually driving, with a few exceptions, like this weekend when we were pulling a loaded trailer of my daughters things (one of those 10 loads I was telling you about.
4. I have only owned 2 new cars in my life. One was a LemOn!! and one was great.
5. I have watched "You've Got Mail" too many times to count. I call it my ironing movie.
6. FaLL is my favorite season. I love it!! I love the changing leaves, cooler weather and pumpkins.
7. I confess to forgetting where I park at Wal-Mart too many times, then trying to look somewhat DigNiFied and InCONspIcuOUs as I search for it. I actually had a kind employee once, who must have felt sorry for me, look for it one time. If your weren't already, you are probably beginning to wonder about me. I DO sometimes.
So there you have it my 7 VerY RanDoM things about me. I am supposed to tag seven more people or less . So here are the people that I would like to hear from:
1. Christina and Victoria at As Time Goes By (sisters)
2. Runner Mom
3. Simply Dandy
4. The Handmade Housewife
5. For the Love of My Home & Life
6. The Hancock Family
Here are the guidelines for this tag:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you (me).
2. "TAG" 7 people or less if you like, and link to them on your blog.
3. Be sure to comment on the Blogs of others who were tagged.
4. Let them know they have been tagged.
Have a wonderful week, and remember I am coming up on my 100th post.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Emily is having a Valentine Mini Swap and tomorrow is the last day to sign up, so check her out.
Dawn is having a giveaway celebrating her one year anniversary. So don't miss this one either. Both of these ladies are so creative you will definitely want to check out their blogs, and leave a comment. They'd love to hear from you. Gotta run. Jackie
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Monday, January 5, 2009
What are you looking forward to in 2009? What resolutions if any have you made? What expectations do you have? Where is your hope and expectation? Some years ago God had an important lesson to teach me about expectations. If my expectations are in others I will be disappointed at some point in time. See I had a particular expectation , that if I tried hard enough, and strived to do all of the right things, that the circumstance or situation would turn out like I hoped. This has been true for many relationships that I have had over the years with family and friends. This simply is not true, and will set you up for much disappointment!
I have finally started getting it after many, many times of failure in this area. The only one who will never disappoint is the Lord!
Have a blessed week. Jackie