Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Cleaning

I am praying that each and everyone of my blogging friends had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! We did at this house, now it is time to start some of what I call my Christmas cleaning frenzy! Something about taking down the decorations, looking forward to a new year, makes me want to clean!!! Maybe I feel as if I am making a fresh start for the upcoming year.
I thought I would share with you a few goals for the year and look forward to getting inspiration from each and every one of you.

I will be coming up on my 100th post in the next week or so, so stay tuned for a giveaway. I am not sure what it will be yet, but I have a few things in mind.

I would like to share more recipes, budget decorating ideas, and hopefully be sharing a few crafts that I will be making. I know I am planning to get back to the basics, and try to keep myself a little more focused on truly important and lasting things in the upcoming year. I need to be more about doing things that have some eternal value as opposed to the temporal.

My daughter will be coming up on her first anniversary at the end of January, so I will be taking a look back, and remembering all of the fun we had preparing for a wedding on a modest budget. Stay tuned if you are in need of some ideas. I hope that each of you have a blessed and restful week after Christmas! Looking forward to hearing from all of you in 2009.
Blessings,
Jackie

4 comments:

Neabear said...

Sounds interesting. Looking forward to your future posts. I really really need to declutter. It is driving me crazy at times. But I find myself not knowing where to start and the clutter gets bigger. I know I just need to start with one pile or something and spend 15 minutes or so and then rest and maybe tackle another area and so on. That should be my goal for 2009. To get rid of the unnecessary clutter I have and keep only the necessary and the things I love. Right? Right! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,
Post Christmas Blessings to you!! I am so looking forward to the new year and cleaning, organizing, no clutter here....can't live with it. The older I get the simpler I desire and like you focusing on the eternal. Thanks for being such a sweet friend. We empty nesters have to help each other.(Well I'm almost an empty nester!!)

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Kerri said...

Love that snowman! Did you make him? This empty nester is continually cleaning out...we didn't decorate this year because of the puppies and kiten...but I have been organizing and cleaning out more than ever before. Of course, having mice in the house helped with that process, too. I try to do 15 minutes at a time for decluttering...makes a big difference! Here's to a great 2009 year~

Smelling Coffee said...

Hi Jackie~ We'll be looking forward to all you have to share in the new year! An early Congratulations on your 100 posts!!! I'm so glad I found your blog. You're a blessing...